Tuesday, August 16, 2011

21 Day Challenge: Day 2, Tuck It In

Day 2: Tuck it in

OK, so today's challenge was to tuck it in. I almost never wear my shirt tucked in, and the last few times I've tried it, I've been dissatisfied with my outfit. I felt like I was going to have trouble with this challenge, and I didn't pick anything out until this morning. I had visions of myself trying on every pair of pants I own, but then I thought of this skirt. This was the first thing I put on today, and I loved it!  I never would have thought of wearing a shirt tucked into this skirt if it weren't for the challenge, and I will probably wear this again.

Outfit details: my shirt is from Eddie Bauer, 5-10 years old. Tank is Danzen, thrifted. The skirt is from the Gap. I was so pleased when I found it at a thrift store last month.  It is fun to wear because it's very full and twirly.  My shoes are from Payless, 4-5 years ago. I've always liked the color combo in them; they're kind of peach striped with green, and the heels are green. The belt is a hand me down from a friend. The bracelet was a gift. It's originally supposed to be a choker, but the beads feel sharp to me, so I twisted the wire into a bracelet. It has a bigger bead dangling from it that you can't see in the pic. My basic white earrings are from Target last year.

So that's it for today.

6 comments:

  1. I love white button-ups tucked in. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coral color of your tank top! It looks so good against your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun, versatile outfit. I love the pops of color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very adorable! I hardly ever tuck in, or wear accessories, and you've showed that both look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! Coral is one of my favorite colors. I wear it a lot.

    Mimi,I'm totally with you. I hardly ever bother with accessories. That's one of the reasons I decided to try the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts--I love hearing from you!